Composition of Accreditation committee
KENAS has an Accreditation Committee which consists of the following diverse minds:-
- The Director of Industries (Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Cooperatives) who shall be the Chairman;
- The Director of Standards at the Kenya Bureau of Standards;
- The Director of Metrology at the National Metrology Institute;
- The Chief Executive of KENAS who shall be the Secretary;
- Not more than four persons representing conformity assessment bodies appointed by the Minister; and
- One person representing the manufacturing and production industries appointed by the Minister.
Functions of the Accreditation Committee
The Accreditation Committee performs the following functions:-
- Determines the accreditation marks or symbols and how the accreditation marks or the symbol and certificates shall be used by registered persons and accredited bodies;
- Make rules to regulate its procedure and affairs to ensure independence and impartiality;
- Review applications for accreditation, grant renewals, suspend or cancel registration or accreditation;
- Hear disputes relating to registration or accreditation; and
- Deal with any other issue relating to accreditation.
The Accreditation Committee shall exercise its powers to cancel accreditation where:-
- Accreditation has been obtained by fraud;
- The accredited conformity assessment body does not comply with specified requirement or conditions for accreditation as the Accreditation Committee may prescribe;
- The accredited body becomes insolvent;
- The accredited conformity assessment body is declared insolvent or has had a receiving order issued against it; and
- The accredited conformity assessment body does not pay fees prescribed by the Board when required.
1. Ambassador Jospeh Kiplagat – Chairperson & Representative of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives.
2. Ms. Elizabeth Lutomia Nambiro – Member
3. Mr. George Maingi Munyao – Member
4. Mr. Liston Cheruiyot Kirui – Member
5. Mr. James Onyango Odongo – Member
6. Mr. Mohamed Abdi Sheikh – Member
7. Mr.Titus Oyoo – KEBS Representative for Standards
8. Mr. Dennis Moturi – KEBS Representative for Metrology
9. Mr. Martin Chesire – CEO KENAS